Felling Male Voice Choir
Charity No. 260431
- This policy applies to Trustees, Members, Director of Music, Deputy Director of Music, Assistant Conductor, and Accompanists of Felling Male Voice Choir (hereafter referred to as FMVC).
- Any individual who has the slightest concern relating to any activity, or about this policy should refer the matter to the Chairman of FMVC who is the designated person for safeguarding.
- A Child: is anyone under the age of 18.
- A Vulnerable Adult: is someone aged 18 or over who is unable to care independently for themselves or is unable to protect themselves against significant harm or exploitation.
- Abuse: is a deliberate act of ill-treatment that can harm or is likely to harm a child or vulnerable adult’s safety, well-being and development. Abuse can be physical, sexual or emotional.
- Neglect: of a child or vulnerable adult also constitutes abuse and can be defined as failing to provide or secure for them the basic needs of physical safety and well-being.
- FMVC recognises that the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults is vital and that as a charity our Trustees and all the Members and associates have a duty of care towards the children and vulnerable adults with whom they interact.
- FMVC is committed to the principle that all children and vulnerable adults have, without exception, the right to protection from abuse regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or beliefs.
- Where concerns about children and young people’s welfare are raised, the FMVC Trustees are committed to working with all relevant agencies to take necessary and appropriate actions to address those concerns, adhering to relevant legal requirements.
- Any concerns or allegations of abuse will be taken seriously by the Trustees and responded to appropriately – which may require referral to Local Authority Children’s Services and in emergencies, the Police.
- FMVC – is a male voice choir which performs concerts, primarily to raise funds for various charities in the Tyne & Wear, Durham and Northumberland areas. During rehearsals and concert programmes there may be occasions where there is interaction with children or vulnerable adults some of whom may also be choir members.
- Children – FMVC concert programmes occasionally include children’s choirs or groups. When children are present they must be chaperoned by a responsible adult from their organisation with whom the children are familiar. At no time should any FMVC member be alone with a child or children, nor should they take any responsibility for any child but their own. Changing facilities must be separate and supervised at all times by a responsible adult from the home organisation.
- Vulnerable Adults – attend our concerts, usually accompanied by carers. FMVC membership may also include vulnerable adults and provision, arranged by the appropriate Line Steward, should be made for their care and wellbeing during the choir’s activities.
- This policy will be reviewed annually or more frequently if required.
FOR SIGHT OF THE DATA PROTECTION POLICY PLEASE CONTACT THE SECRETARY OF THE FELLING MALE VOICE CHOIR
VIA THE CONTACT PAGE.