After its formation at Holly Hill Wesleyan Methodist Church, Felling, Felling Male Voice Choir gave its first annual concert on the 10th November 1920. The venue was the Felling Wesleyan Lecture Hall.
The choir of 15 sang seven part-songs including “Song of the Jolly Roger”, “In Absence” and “The Long Day Closes”. Solos were presented by TC Usher, P Cash, W Chipchase and RR Gibbon.
By the end of the year, the choir had grown to 23 and 18 concerts had been performed.
The Choir started a tradition, which it is still proud to support, of helping raise funds for local charities. Concerts were held for the Miners’ Strike Soup Kitchen and the Footwear Fund.