It’s not just a building but a good organisation which needs a strong foundation! Felling Male Voice Choir can be forever grateful to Mr R R Gibbon for his vision and initial hard work back in the early 1920’s.
He was not just the visionary who saw the opportunities available from the men’s section of the choir at Holly Hill Wesleyan Methodist Church at a concert on Sunday, 28th September 1919. Along with colleagues, they formed the “Orpheus Male Voice Choir” which then changed its name to the “Felling Male Voice Choir” on the 15th October 1920.
Under the guidance of Mr Gibbon, the Choir started on its road to competition success and started to broaden its repertoire. In May 1925, as the Choir was looking for broader musical horizons, he decided to stand down as leader.
A new era was about to start when Tom Mearis was approached to become conductor.